We are excited to host the 2021 LCYC Junior Sailing Camp this summer, which is scheduled for Monday, July 19 – Friday, July 23, the week before the Ensign Regatta. This week-long camp aims to provide intensive instruction, fundamental techniques of sailing, and development of safe boating habits. We will follow Michigan COVID guidelines, with the safety of our sailors, instructors, and volunteers being our highest priority. We anticipate a great week filled with sun, fun, and sailing!
The application period opens on April 1, 2021. All applications are due by May 15, 2021.
- Member Application Form (for children/grandchildren of current LCYC members)
- Non-Member Application Form
- A member password is required to complete this application; it can be found on the title page of your LCYC Directory.
- A complete member application must include (a) application form, (b) signed liability waiver, and (c) $325 fee per sailor.
- LCYC members may submit applications for their children and grandchildren only (no other relatives or friends).
- We hope to admit all member applicants, but due to the Camp’s increasing popularity and the possible impact of COVID on Camp operations, we will do so on a first-come, first-serve, space-available basis. Please apply early!
- Non-members can submit applications for their children using this form.
- A complete application must include (a) application form, and (b) liability waiver.
- Non-member applications will be processed after May 15, and admissions decisions will be communicated at that time.
- Non-members who are admitted will be sent a link after May 15 to make payment of $350 per sailor.
Historically, the Camp has operated Monday through Friday from 9 am – 4 pm, with lunch served daily. We anticipate running the same schedule this year, but will assess & adjust as needed based on COVID-19 and related considerations.
- Items needed for camp: Life jacket, sunscreen, appropriate clothing, water bottle, and mask.
- Age and experience level: Ages 8 – 16; all levels of sailing experience are welcome.
- Junior Sailing Camp Fee: Child/grandchild of LCYC Member, $325/Sailor. Non-Members, $350/Sailor.
The Club will provide the following boats:
- Optimists – The Club has 8 Optimists.
- Sunfish – The Club has 13 Sunfish.
We may need extra boats that week. If you have an Opti or Sunfish that you’d allow us to use, or for any other Camp-related questions or concerns, please contact the Latchanas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2021 Junior Sailing Camp Directors: Kelly and Dave Latchana
Chairmen Emeritus: Tom, Stephanie, Franklin, and Peg LaBelle