We are excited to host the 2021 LCYC Junior Sailing Camp this summer, which is scheduled for Monday, July 19 – Friday, July 23, the week before the Ensign Regatta. This week-long camp aims to provide intensive instruction, fundamental techniques of sailing, and development of safe boating habits. We will follow Michigan COVID guidelines, with the safety of our sailors, instructors, and volunteers being our highest priority. We anticipate a great week filled with sun, fun, and sailing!
The application period closed on May 15. Parents who submitted applications will be notified soon via email.
Historically, the Camp has operated Monday through Friday from 9 am – 4 pm, with lunch served daily. We anticipate running the same schedule this year, but will assess & adjust as needed based on COVID-19 and related considerations.
- Items needed for camp: Life jacket, sunscreen, appropriate clothing, water bottle, and mask.
- Age and experience level: Ages 8 – 16; all levels of sailing experience are welcome.
- Junior Sailing Camp Fee: Child/grandchild of LCYC Member, $325/Sailor. Non-Members, $350/Sailor.
The Club will provide the following boats:
- Optimists – The Club has 8 Optimists.
- Sunfish – The Club has 13 Sunfish.
We may need extra boats that week. If you have an Opti or Sunfish that you’d allow us to use, or for any other Camp-related questions or concerns, please contact the Latchanas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2021 Junior Sailing Camp Directors: Kelly and Dave Latchana
Chairmen Emeritus: Tom, Stephanie, Franklin, and Peg LaBelle