Check here for all updates on summer events and programs. MOST RECENT UPDATES: March 26 – LCYC Dues Notice Correction and Junior Sailing Camp Changes.
March 26, 2020
LCYC DUES NOTICE CORRECTION
The COVID-19 pandemic is certainly interrupting all of our daily activities and with this, apparently our recent spring mailing as well. Unfortunately the Dues Notices indicated a $50.00 increase for the Regular Membership level and a $25.00 increase for the Senior Dues level. This was incorrect. As noted in my spring letter, the board has elected to delay this increase by at least one year. Accordingly, the correct Regular Dues for this season should be $450.00 and for the Seniors, $225.00. I apologize for the confusion.
JUNIOR SAILING CAMP CHANGES
With the exceptional events occurring, the Junior Sailing Camp chairpersons and club are making changes to our admission policy for 2020, as follows:
- Registration will be extended up until July 6, providing flexibility to all families.
- Refunds to any registered member applicant will be granted upon request up until July 10.
- Should the camp be canceled, refunds will be granted to all parents.
- As in all years, children and grandchildren of members are accepted automatically into camp.
- With the registration date being extended, the chairpersons will inform the non-members of admission around July 8 with a link for payment.
- It’s important to note that in 2019, all applicants were taken into Sailing Camp.
Any questions or comments? Please contact Kelly Latchana or Tom LaBelle.
March 25, 2020
FROM SPRING 2020 COMMODORE LETTER:
As summer approaches, your board of directors is monitoring the COVID-19 situation very closely and will take any and all precautions that may be needed to protect the health and safety of our members, volunteers, and staff. We intend to follow the recommendations in countering this virus as set forth by the CDC and the State of Michigan, establishing precautionary measures and following preventative guidelines as needed.
As you face each day and its new challenges, we hope you remember the beauty and solace that comes with summers in the Les Cheneaux Islands.